Should I add VMU games?

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Time To Get Playing!

I've started something like eight blogs. I never keep up with any of them.

But this one will be different! This one tracks my progress through my adventures of playing Every Dreamcast Game* and writing several hundred words on each game. I'm recording all the progress on the wiki I'm going to link somewhere on this site, so be prepared to be amazing at how pathetic I truly can be. I'm not going to tackle them in any order, but if I get enough readers (like five) then I'll hold polls for the next games.
I'm also going to play these games fresh, instead of using my memories; it just seems more fair that way.

Without further ado, I present to you "Andy Plays Dreamcast Games!"

--Andy Keener, Freelance Writer

*Every Dreamcast Exclusive Game released in the US

The Wiki containing the list

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If you're only going to exclusives why are you including some that got ports to other systems?

-Chu Chu Rocket => GBA
-Ecco the Dolphin => PS2
-Evolution 1 & 2 => GC
-Grandia 2 => PS2
-Phantasy Star Online => GC, Xbox
-Power Stone 1 & 2 => PSP
-Rez => PS2, XBL
-Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 => GC
-Skies of Arcadia => GC

I'm sure I missed a few of them, but if you're going to include those "exclusives" you might as well include the myriad of excellent 2D fighting games you're ignoring as well.

Also, you must do Seaman. If you don't have it I might be able to whip up a guest post or something on it.

Andy said...

I was being farily leinent, actually. I was more talking about "exclusives at time of release." After the Dreamcast went under, any games that got ported after the fact weren't excluded. I also didn't exclude from PC games.

Basically, I was just staying away from licensed crap and yearly update games.

Andy said...

Also, I'll try for Seaman. That one's gonna have to be it's own project.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I think I've only played Seaman once, maybe it was the demo disc that came with my Sega Dreamcast, and I didn't like it too much. Of course, you need the special controller for it to be truly fun.

I'd say try out some out of the norm games to. I have Gundam Side Story 0079, which wasn't a bad Gundam game in my opinion. It's hard to really talk about obscure Dreamcast games nowadays though since because they have also disappared into thin air.

It's suck that you're not doing Japanese games though, because I'd like to see you play Segagaga. I've always wanted to play that.